Location: Remote (Greater Toronto Area Preferred)
Xeo Marketing and Strategic Consultancy is a global organization powered by a team of marketing consultants that specialize in delivering effective marketing and communications solutions to fast-paced technology-driven industries. We are actively searching for an offsite creative writer (preferably residing within the GTA) to join our creative, fun and entrepreneurial team.
Do the new and evolving technologies fascinate you? Do you have a passion for taking a technical subject and articulate it in a simple yet engaging format? Are you a motivated, energetic and media-savvy individual with experience in creating B2B content like white papers, product descriptions, blog posts, PR copy, social media content and web copy, etc.? Are you looking to start in the tech-marketing sector and enthusiastic about learning and growing with a growing organization? If so, then you are the one we are looking for. Apply today.
Working with the Strategic Marketing Director, the Content Writer will be responsible for producing high-quality content for B2B technology, telecommunications and Emerging Tech service organizations, supporting the development and execution of customer-facing outbound and inbound marketing campaign activities. The qualified candidate must be creative, results-driven and demonstrate strong communication and creative writing skills. You must have a strong acumen for Marketing, especially with regards to identifying target markets and developing & articulating key value proposition & messaging. The candidate will work with the objective to increase customer engagement, inbound traffic increment and lead generation.
– Work with clients to obtain/develop a holistic Marcom brief. Ensure sufficient information is provided by the client to begin copywriting
– Interacting with consultants and client to create over-arching content strategies
– Craft product and company value proposition and or create key messaging
– Conduct audits on current marketing assets and content and identifies gaps
– Build a target audience profile with specific attributes preferred channel and preferred content type
– Develop content maps, and produce content daily
– Research through a variety of online and offline sources to understand the competitive landscape
– Create B2B content including but not limited to brochure copy, website copy, blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, articles, customer-facing presentations, video script, social media content, product descriptions, how-to guides etc.
– Copywrite content for flyers, banners, internet/ intranet, digital signage, social media and other mediums
– Work with end-users to conduct interviews and develop testimonials and case-studies
– Maintain content calendars for each client
– Proof-reading and quality check for all content including customer-generated content or marketing document produced by consultants
– Coordinate with social marketers to provide content for posts and engagement and monitor the response rate to improve the interaction
– Report to strategic marketing director with key metrics, and targets
– Evaluate, analyze and clearly report on program performance, demonstrating the return on program dollars spent, recommend adjustments or changes as needed to optimize results
– Collaborate and assist with other marketing/sales projects as requested
– Compile and send regular email newsletters to subscribers for Xeo as well as Xeo’s customers
– Participate in weekly status meetings and brainstorming sessions
– Perform administrative duties, as required
– Graduate of corporate communications, marketing or other related programs
– Strong communication, copywriting and content management skills
– Content writing experience for a B2B company directly or via an agency (must provide samples of past work)
– A good understanding of inbound, content, email and traditional marketing tactics
– Strong organizational skills, with attention to details and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
– Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
– Detail-oriented with the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
– Thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
– Shows initiative and demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems
– Energetic, outgoing team-player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.